Why does my makeup look shiny? When you face is shiny it’s because there is a build up of excess sebum and oil, but all a powder brush will do is further move your makeup.
How do I stop my makeup from going shiny?
- Use a clay mask.
- Chose a lightweight and oil-free lotion.
- Apply a mattifying primer.
- Opt for an oil-free formula.
- Do not go overboard with powder.
- Go for mineral based makeup.
- Spritz on some setting spray.
- Use blotting paper.
Why is my makeup going oily? No matter what your skin type, most of the time your skin tends to become oily after applying makeup. Oil on the skin can melt your makeup, clog the pores and also trigger the appearance of pimples on the skin. Generally, makeup oxidizes on your skin which in turn produces oil on your skin.
How do you stop make up looking greasy?
- Moisturise skin. Any makeup artist will tell you that the secret to achieving perfect makeup is to focus on skincare.
- Don’t forget primer.
- Apply makeup in light layers.
- Use mattifying formulas.
- Choose powders over creams.
- Use an eye base.
- Finish with a setting spray.