Why are my lips mottled? Lip discoloration can occur as a result of a fungal infection, iron deficiency anemia, sun exposure, or an allergic reaction. Treatments for lip discoloration vary depending on the cause. People who notice new or unusual spots on their lips may want to contact their doctor.
How do I get rid of discoloration on my lips?
- laser therapy.
- intense pulse light (IPL)
- photodynamic therapy.
- topical medicated agents.
What causes purple outline on lips? Causes of blue skin or lips (cyanosis)
Cyanosis can mean there’s not enough oxygen in your blood, or you have poor blood circulation. It can be caused by a serious problem with the: lungs, like asthma or pneumonia. airways like choking or croup.
How can I bring my lips back to life?
- Exfoliate your lips. Before you head to bed at night, apply a good quality lip balm.
- Try a homemade lip scrub.
- Stay hydrated.
- Check your medicine cabinet.
- Use vitamin E.
- Moisturize with aloe vera.
- Use a berry-based lip scrub.
- Wake up lips with citrus.