What would happen if we not have proper drainage system? Poorly maintained drains would cause flooding, which causes enormous damages in the agricultural land and the irrigation network. Excess water on farms, in turn, results in the leaching of essential minerals and the destruction of the crops.
Why do we need to have proper drainage system? A well-designed drainage system is essential to remove any excess water from the house and helps in the prevention of water-related damage to the home. It is also important to ensure that clogged-up water does not affect the work being done during the construction phase.
What are the harmful effects of improper drainage?
- Generation of many new diseases.
- It provides a better breeding ground for rats and other bacterias.
- It makes the surroundings unpleasant stinky.
- Proper waste disposal is not done.
- It could lead to water pollution when discharged into rivers.
What are the problems of drainage?
- Blockages. Slow draining sinks, clogged drains, and toilet bowls with poor draining functions are some signs of blocked drainage.
- Broken or displaced joints.
- Root Intrusions.
- Collapsed sections of pipe.