What pencil is best for portrait drawing?
- Alvin Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil.
- Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Mechanical Drafting Pencil.
- General Pencil Charcoal Pencils.
- Faber-Castel 110060 Polychromos Colored Pencil Set In Metal Tin.
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils.
- Cretacolor 72 Aqua Monolith Metal Tin Set.
Is HB or 2B better for drawing? Anyone with more experience in writing and drawing will usually choose a pencil with the medium degree of hardness HB; some feel most comfortable with the degree of hardness F. People who want to express themselves artistically use soft pencils of hardness grades 2B to 8B.
What grade of pencil is best for sketching? The best pencils for drawing and sketching are a HB, 2B, 6B and 9B. Far better than buying a whole set of pencils, most of which will never be used.
What do I need to draw a portrait?
- Quality Drawing Pencils. We’ll start off with the most obvious essential – quality drawing pencils.
- A Sketchbook. A sketchbook is one of the most important things an artist can have.
- Quality Drawing Surfaces.
- Variety of Erasers.
- A Good Pencil Sharpener.
- Charcoal or Conté
- Drawing Pens / Ink.
- Blending Stumps / Tortillions.