What is the correct order for makeup? Unless you’re doing very heavy makeup, like an extreme smokey eye or very dramatic theatrical makeup, I always prep the face first — moisturizer, concealer, foundation, balm — and then start on the eyes.
What are the steps for face makeup?
- Step 1: Moisturiser and primer. It is of the utmost importance that your face is moisturised and well hydrated before you apply any makeup onto it.
- Step 2: Apply foundation.
- Step 3: Concealing with a concealer.
- Step 4: Blush, contour and highlight (BCH)
- Step 5: The time for eye makeup.
- Step 6: Luscious lips at last!
Is primer necessary for makeup? “Primer is an essential step to make your makeup last and it acts like a protective barrier for your skin. The end result is more flawless, especially with primers that combine skincare and moisturising benefits,” says celebrity makeup artist Namrata Soni.
What do you put on before makeup?
- Cleanser. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Exfoliator. You don’t want your makeup to look cakey, do you?
- Toner or Serum. Once you have exfoliated your skin well, apply a toner or serum and wait for a few seconds for it to dry.
- Eye Cream.