What is a good homemade makeup brush cleaner? Baking soda: Baking soda is a popular all-purpose DIY cleaning ingredient for many things, and the same goes for makeup brushes. Fill a cup with enough warm water to cover only the brush bristles, then mix in a tablespoon of baking soda and let sit for at least five minutes before rinsing and wiping your brushes clean.
How do you clean your makeup brushes properly DIY?
- Wet the bristles with lukewarm water.
- Place a drop of your cleanser of choice into the palm of your clean hand.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles in your palm.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
How do I completely clean my makeup brushes?
- Rinse the tips of your brushes under lukewarm, running water to remove residual makeup.
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and a tablespoon of either gentle shampoo or clarifying shampoo.
- Swirl each brush tip in the bowl.
- Rinse the brush tips under running water.
What do makeup artists use to clean brushes? For natural-bristle brushes, makeup artists prefer liquid cleansers. Beautyblender’s Liquid Blendercleanser is a popular go-to, but Puckey prefers the Parian Spirit Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner specifically for his lip brushes because it’s the best way for removing strong pigments from them.