What ingredients can I use to clean my makeup brushes at home? Baking soda: Baking soda is a popular all-purpose DIY cleaning ingredient for many things, and the same goes for makeup brushes. Fill a cup with enough warm water to cover only the brush bristles, then mix in a tablespoon of baking soda and let sit for at least five minutes before rinsing and wiping your brushes clean.
How do you clean your makeup brushes properly DIY?
- Wet the bristles with lukewarm water.
- Place a drop of your cleanser of choice into the palm of your clean hand.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles in your palm.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
How do you clean makeup brushes without chemicals? You pour a cup of hot water, a tablespoon of dish soap, and a tablespoon of white vinegar. Then you dip your brushes into the mixture. That’s a technique I’ve never tried before.
What liquid do you use to clean makeup brushes? “Baby shampoos are widely used to clean brushes and they work really well,” says Wizemann, who recommends these gentle formulas especially for cleaning natural fiber brushes. “Ivory soap takes liquid makeup off brushes quite well,” says Wizemann. Use it to break down these heavier formulas.