What happens if you use the wrong moisturizer? The biggest side effect of using the wrong moisturizer is developing milia on your face in random areas. This is very common if you’re using a body moisturizer on your face but can also happen with moisturizers that are too heavy.
How do you know if a moisturiser is good?
- Consider Your Skin Type. Is your skin dry, oily, normal or a combination of types?
- Think about Texture. The texture of a good moisturizer for you is also related to your skin type.
- Check Its Scent.
- Use SPF.
- Read Labels.
How should your face feel after applying moisturizer?
- It should glide effortlessly on your skin and feel silky. ”
- It should contain a NMF (natural moisturizing factor), which is a real thing. ”
- You shouldn’t be able to feel it. “
Why does my skin look worse with moisturizer? Many of us suffer from too much sebum (oil), which is an inflammatory agent. Acne and rosacea are two classic oil-related conditions, both of which occur after the onset of puberty with the production of sebum. Moisturising creams can aggravate these conditions, cause an oily appearance of the skin and worsening pores.