What does it mean to color grade a photo? What is colour grading? Colour grading in photography is the process of changing or enhancing the colours of an image. It’s used in photography and in film making to change the mood or enhance a feeling the photographer is trying to portray.
Should you color grade photos? Color grading helps you create a mood or coherent sensibility with your color palette. Different from color correction, which makes your images look exactly like they appear in real life, color grading conveys a visual tone.
How do you do colour grades?
Which software is best for Colour grading?
- ColorDirector – Best Overall.
- DaVinci Resolve – Best for Color Management.
- Adobe Premiere Pro – Best for Professional Video Editing.
- Final Cut Pro – Best for Ultrafine Adjustments.
- VEGAS Post – Best for Intermediate Editors.