What do you need in a face serum?
- Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid specializes in replenishing moisture to dry, parched skin.
- Vitamin C. This essential nutrient plays a large role in skin health.
- Retinol (Vitamin A)
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs)
- Vitamin E.
- DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol)
What makes a good skin serum? “I use and recommend serums that have a combination of vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid,” says Dr. Waldman. “There is good literature that shows that vitamin C in particular can prevent brown spots, reverse damage from ultraviolet rays, and stimulate the growth of new collagen.”
How do you make homemade serum for dry skin?
- 1 teaspoon rosehip seed oil.
- 2 ½ teaspoons jojoba oil.
- 5 drops lavender essential oil.
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil.
- 1 roller or dropper bottle.
How do you make hydrating serum?
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin.
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil.
- 1 vitamin E capsule optional.
- 2–4 drops of essential oil like lavender, chamomile, or rose.