What do you mean by biophilic design? Biophilic design is a concept used within the building industry to increase occupant connectivity to the natural environment through the use of direct nature, indirect nature, and space and place conditions.
How do you make a biophilic design?
- Fresh Air. Open those windows widely and let the fresh air and sound of nature find the way into your home and your mind.
- Maximise Natural Light.
- Incorporate Plants.
- Use Natural Materials.
- Embrace Shapes of Nature.
- Sound of Water.
- Colours of Nature.
- Add a Piece of Art.
What are the main elements of biophilic design?
- Environmental features.
- Natural shapes and forms.
- Natural patterns and processes.
- Light and space.
- Place-based relationships.
- Evolved human relationships to nature.
What are 3 benefits of biophilic design? Biophilia is more than just a philosophy—biophilic design has been found to support cognitive function, physical health, and psychological well-being. NRDC incorporates biophilic design into all its offices to encourage the connection between humans and nature, as well as promote staff wellness and productivity.