Is dark circles under eyes a vitamin deficiency? Deficiencies in certain vitamins, such as vitamins B12, E, K and D, cause dark circles. Vitamin B12 is strongly associated with the production of red blood cells in the body. When B12 levels are low, you are more likely to have iron deficiency, which leads to dark circles.
What deficiency causes dark circles around eyes? Dark circles under the eyes may be a sign of iron deficiency anemia . In those cases, an iron supplement may be helpful to normalize blood levels.
Does vitamin B12 help with dark circles? Vitamin B12 deficiency makes your skin look pale and lack of radiance. It causes the skin under the eyes to look darker in comparison. To reduce the appearance of dark circles due to nutrient deficiency, you need to improve your diet.
How can I remove dark circles permanently?
- Getting adequate sleep. Some people notice dark eye circles when they experience periods of low-quality sleep.
- Elevating the head during sleep.
- Applying cold compresses.
- Minimizing sun exposure.
- Cucumber slices and tea bags.
- Vitamin C.
- Retinoid creams.
- Hydroquinone, kojic acid, and arbutin creams.