How long do scars take to heal? It can take up to 12-18 months after your injury or operation for a scar to heal. A normal scar will become darker initially and after a period of time this will start to fade. Dark scars can remain for years or indefinitely in people with darker skin.
How scars heal faster naturally?
- Mix three drops of lavender essential oil into three tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Massage the mixture into the scarred area for about 5 minutes.
- Leave the oil in place for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
- Repeat this process a minimum of three times a day.
Is Vaseline good for scars? Petroleum jelly prevents the wound from drying out and forming a scab; wounds with scabs take longer to heal. This will also help prevent a scar from getting too large, deep or itchy.
Does Vitamin E help with scarring? Vitamin E was discovered in 1922 by researchers at the University of California who suggested it had beneficial properties for skin, especially in support of wound healing and scar repair. It is the main lipid-soluble antioxidant in the skin.