How do you know if a product is water based or oil based? The test to determine whether your paint is oil-based or water-based is pretty easy. Simply put some methylated spirits on a rag and wipe at a small section of your wall. If the cloth is stained with the wall colour, it is water-based.
How do you tell if something is water based or silicone based? To find out what the base is look at the back of your primer and see what ingredients it has. If you see words ending in -cone,-methicone, or -siloxane in the first few ingredients then the primer is silicone-based. If none of these words appear then it is most likely the primer is water-based.
What primers are water based?
- MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Primer.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water.
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer.
- Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Illuminating Primer.
- Lorac I’m So Sensitive Soothing Face Primer.
- Pixi by Petra Flawless & Poreless Primer.
Is Maybelline water based? No it is silicone based. water is almost always the first ingredient in a liquid product.