How do you clean wooden makeup brushes?
- Rinse the tips of your brushes under lukewarm, running water to remove residual makeup.
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and a tablespoon of either gentle shampoo or clarifying shampoo.
- Swirl each brush tip in the bowl.
- Rinse the brush tips under running water.
How do you clean natural bristle makeup brushes?
- Wet the bristles with lukewarm water.
- Place a drop of your cleanser of choice into the palm of your clean hand.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles in your palm.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
What can I soak my makeup brushes in to clean them? The best way to clean makeup brushes is often believed to be with a sudsy product like a brush cleanser, dish soap, or even baby shampoo.
What is the best thing to use to wash makeup brushes? “Baby shampoos are widely used to clean brushes and they work really well,” says Wizemann, who recommends these gentle formulas especially for cleaning natural fiber brushes. “Ivory soap takes liquid makeup off brushes quite well,” says Wizemann. Use it to break down these heavier formulas.