How do I prepare for a facial?
- Wear clothing that is comfortable.
- Wear your make-up.
- Skip any strong at-home facial treatments the week before your appointment and any exfoliation treatments a few days prior.
- Stay out of the sun and away from tanning for five days before your facial.
- Know the names of the skin care products you are using at home.
What should you avoid before a facial?
- Don’t Spend a Day Under the Sun:
- Avoid Using Exfoliating Products:
- Don’t Get Botox:
- Do Not Wax your Face:
- Avoid Squeezing your Acne:
- Avoid Using Chemical Peels:
- Avoid Using Eyelash Extensions:
Should you wash your face before a facial? Yes, you should wash your face before the facial experience.
The goal is to arrive at the facial appointment in your most hygienic state. You will get the best results from your facial when your face is clean, fresh, and prepped.
What should you not do during a facial?
- Visit The Steam Room. A trip to the steam room may seem like the perfect way to round out a blissful spa day, but your best bet is to steer clear.
- Wax, Shave Or Have Laser Hair Removal. Hair removal and facials don’t mix.
- Pick At Your Skin.
- Use At-Home Peels Or Retinol.