How do I know if my foundation matches my skin?
- Determine your undertones.
- Read reviews and look for photo references.
- Take the finish of your foundation into consideration.
- Test shades on multiple spots of your face.
- Test it for a few hours.
- See how it looks in different lighting.
- Prep your skin properly.
How will you know if the foundation is the correct color? Don’t Forget About Your Skin’s Undertones
Unless you want to color correct, don’t fight against your skin’s natural undertones. If you have a warm complexion, go with a shade that has yellow undertones, and if your complexion is on the cool side, a foundation with pink undertones is your best bet.
How do I find my foundation color for beginners?
Should foundation be lighter or darker than your skin? The experts have spoken, and the answer is, foundation should be one or two shades lighter than your skin tone. This is because when you use bronzer or contour then the foundation should be able to blend and give the perfect look to your face.