How do I find my exact foundation match?
- Determine your undertones.
- Read reviews and look for photo references.
- Take the finish of your foundation into consideration.
- Test shades on multiple spots of your face.
- Test it for a few hours.
- See how it looks in different lighting.
- Prep your skin properly.
How do you know what makeup matches your skin tone? In natural light, check the appearance of your veins beneath your skin. If your veins appear blue or purple, you have a cool skin tone. If your veins look green or a greenish blue, you have a warm skin tone. If you can’t tell whether or not your veins are green or blue, you probably have a neutral skin tone.
What part of your body should your foundation match? Instead of matching the shade of your foundation to the usual spots people list off — like your jaw, neck, or the back of your hand — Vo suggests swatching it on the highest point of your cheekbone, the same place where you sweep on highlighter.
Should foundation match perfectly?