How can I raise my bed without a box spring?
- Use Bed Risers. Using bed risers is the most common way to make your bed taller.
- Use a Bed Wedge. Bed wedges are adjusters that fit under the head of your bed.
- Use a Mattress Topper.
- Add Wheels to Your Bed Frame.
- Switch to an Adjustable Bed Frame.
- Use a Mattress Foundation.
What happens if you don’t have a box spring? With a collapsible metal frame, you would need a boxspring. Because there is no support for the mattress beyond the perimeter frame, without a boxspring, your mattress would receive insufficient support, not to mention most likely void the warranty.
How do you make a homemade box spring?
Can you use a piece of plywood instead of a box spring? There are many viable solutions to support your mattress. Box springs just happen to be a very popular one. Plywood is an excellent solution for those looking to save money and get crafty. Plywood is cheap and works great. It comes with some caveats, such as making your mattress harder.