Do you do eyeshadow or foundation first? In the class of makeup best practices 101, makeup artists recommend applying eye makeup first before moving on to face makeup with foundation first and then (and only then) concealer.
When applying makeup what goes on first?
- Step 1: Moisturizer. Before you begin applying your makeup, take the time to prep your skin with a high-quality moisturizer.
- Step 2: Primer.
- Step 3: Liquid Foundation.
- Step 4: Concealer.
- Step 5: Foundation Powder.
- Step 6: Bronzer.
- Step 7: Blush.
- Step 8: Highlighter.
What do you put on before you put on eyeshadow? Apply your concealer, foundation, blush or bronzer, and brow liner before making your way to your eyeshadow. Apply a shadow primer to help your eyeshadow last all day. If you don’t, the natural oils your skin creates will seep through the shadow and cause it to gather along your crease several hours into wearing it.
What order should you put makeup on?
- Step 1: Primer & Color Corrector.
- Step 2: Foundation.
- Step 3: Concealer.
- Step 4: Blush, Bronzer, & Highlighter.
- Step 5: Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, & Mascara.
- Step 6: Eyebrows.
- Step 7: Lips.
- Step 8: Setting Spray or Powder.