Can you use a silicone based foundation with a water based primer? Using a silicone based primer with a water based foundation is not recommended. Silicone repels water and using these two different bases together can cause the foundation to crumble and separate. In fact, silicone based primers create a barrier that might not let the foundation sit properly on the skin.
What is silicone primer good for? Silicone primers will help your makeup last longer, diminish the appearance of pores, and balance redness, while providing hydration. They provide a quick fix for wrinkles and fine lines, and still allow your skin to absorb all the nutrients you apply to it.
Can you layer primers? In short, you can layer most face primers. It is possible to target many skin issues by combining multiple primers, and it all depends on your skin type and the look you’re going for.
What primer is best for silicone foundation?
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. Amazon. $6. See On Amazon.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Mattifying Primer. Amazon. $5.
- e.l.f. Blemish Control Face Primer. Amazon. $6.
- TULA Skin Care Face Filter Primer. Amazon. $30.
- TIZO3 Facial Primer Tinted SPF 40. Amazon. $42.
- Veil Hourglass Mineral Primer. Amazon. $75.