Can you just paint over nail polish? Yes. Fortunately, there is no real downside to painting on top. The only thing to consider is how it may affect the aesthetics of your nails. With the gel manicure already on the nails, you must be careful not to layer up on polish so much that you end up with really thick nails.
How do I prepare my nails for painting?
Can you paint over old nail polish? Before anything else, you need to remove old nail polish. If the old polish has worn off, you need to remove the excess as well. This is for the same reason you’d remove it before repainting your nails. You can’t start a new manicure with old polish still on your nails.
What can you not do when painting your nails?
- Never Skip Your Base Coat. Orly Rubberized Basecoat, $3, Amazon.
- Never Take A Shower After Painting.
- Never Ignore Unhealthy Nails.
- Never Go To Bed Right After Painting.
- Never File Nails Back & Forth.
- Never Peel Off Polish.
- Never Apply Thick Coats.
- Never Bite Nails.