Can vinegar remove dye stains? Alternatively, it’s possible to use white vinegar to remove the color stain. Pour 1 cup of white vinegar into a bucket of cold water, stir thoroughly and then rinse the stained garment.
How do you get dye transfer out of fabric? Start by adding 3 tablespoons Clorox® Regular Bleach2 to one gallon of water in a plastic dishpan. Fully submerge items in the bleach solution for up to 5 minutes. You may notice the color coming off immediately, or it may take the full 5 minutes (but don’t let any item soak for longer than 5 minutes).
How do you get color bleed out of clothes after they’ve been dried?
- Fill a container or sink with a gallon of water.
- Add two tablespoons of detergent directly to the dyed area if possible.
- Work it around with an old toothbrush.
- Allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
- Rewash the garment and check.
How do you get black dye out of fabric? white vinegar with two cups of warm water. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent/vinegar solution, blotting frequently with a dry cloth until the stain disappears.