Can lipstick dry out your lips? Fishman told us that both matte and long-wear lipstick tend to dry out your lips. “Instead, use a creamy lip conditioner,” she said. “It’s much less drying.” But the truth is, all balms or lipsticks that come in tubes contain waxes that tend to dry out your lips.
How do you keep your lips from drying out after lipstick?
- Step 1: Apply a hydrating lip mask overnight.
- Step 2: Exfoliate with a lip scrub in the morning.
- Step 3: Apply a thin layer of lip balm 10-20 minutes before applying lipstick.
- Step 4: Apply a hydrating lipstick.
What kind of lipstick is good for dry lips?
|Our Top Picks||CHECK PRICE|
|Neutrogena Moisturesmooth Color Stick- 40 Bright Berry||Price on Amazon|
|Sephora Collection Rouge Matte Lipstick – No Superstar M03||Price on Amazon|
|NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Butter Gloss- Creme Brulee||Price on Amazon|
How do you hydrate your lips?
- Use non-irritating lip balm, lipstick, and other products that you apply to your lips.
- Apply a non-irritating lip balm (or lip moisturizer) several times a day and before bed.
- Slather on a non-irritating lip balm with SPF 30 or higher before going outdoors.
- Drink plenty of water.