Can graphite be harmful? Graphite is relatively nonpoisonous. There may be no symptoms. If symptoms do occur, they may include stomachache and vomiting, which could be from a bowel obstruction (blockage). The person may choke while swallowing the pencil.
How is graphite harmful to humans? Effects of overexposure Repeated inhalation of natural graphite over a number of years may cause scarring of the lungs with such symptoms as chest tightness, shortness of breath, cough, black sputum, and pain. Natural graphite dust causes graphite pneumoconiosis.
What can you do with graphite?
- Writing Materials.
- Nuclear Reactors.
- Graphene Sheets.
Is graphite poisonous to touch? Graphite is not toxic to humans as our bodies cannot absorb it. It, however, can lead to some problems related to the digestive system if consumed frequently. Pencil leads are not made from lead but are made using Graphite, clay, wood, paint, and other plastic polymers.